Nominations are now open for the 2019 State & Territory Landcare Awards, which recognise and celebrate the achievements of the countless individuals, groups, networks and organisations who make significant contributions to protect, conserve and restore Australia’s environment.
There are nine National Landcare Award categories:
- Landcare Farming Award
- Innovation in Agriculture Land Management Award
- Individual Landcarer Award
- Partnerships for Landcare Award
- Coastcare Award
- Junior Landcare Team Award
- Young Landcare Leadership Award
- Indigenous Land Management Award
- Landcare Community Group Award
All state and territory winners will go forward to the 2020 National Landcare Awards.
Nominations are encouraged from groups, networks and individuals involved in protecting and enhancing their local environment and improving agricultural productivity. They include:
- Sustainable farmers & professional farming systems groups
- Indigenous Landcare groups & individuals
- Urban Landcare groups including ‘Friends of’ groups
- Landcare groups
- Coastcare groups
- Environmental volunteer groups
- Junior Landcare groups (including day care centres, primary and secondary schools)
- Youth groups including Scouts & Girls Guides
- Young Landcare leaders
- Natural resource management agencies
- Local government
- Research agencies
- Agricultural co-operatives, industry associations, suppliers or individual primary producers.
Closing dates are different for each and state and territory. Queensland – nominations close 11:59pm, Friday 04 October 2019 and the awards night is Friday 08 November 2019.
More information: including the criteria and how to nominate please go to the campaign website: www.landcareaustralia.org.au/landcareawards2019
For any questions, contact Melissa Higgins from Landcare Australia: T – 02 8440 8811, E – [email protected]