Central Burnett Landcare are excited to announce that funding is now available for projects focused on building soil and water health in the Great Barrier Reef catchments, thanks to Burnett Mary Regional Group!
The opportunity is now open for landholders to apply for funding, through Central Burnett Landcare, for an on ground project which includes education and consultation sessions.
Funding is available and limited to one cropping enterprise and one grazing enterprise. Two enterprises will be selected through an application process.
The funding is for educational projects that
1. Engage landholders in learning more about regenerative practices
2. Support collaboration with other groups
3. Use innovative learning approaches
4. Meet GBR water quality targets like reduced topsoil loss
5. Meet GBR land & catchment management targets like using best practice systems for cropping & grazing
6. Involve groups like CBLC in delivering projects to increase our capabilities
Two Successful Applicants
1. Receive $4000 to be used for on ground works.
2. Must attend the preliminary workshop.
3. Are required to contribute in-kind work to set up and run the project.
4. In consultation with a professional consultant plan and document the proposed works to be carried out on the demonstration site.
5. Provide access to your property for CBLC to hold a field day, with consideration of bio-security limitations.
6. Allow access to the demonstration site by BCCA staff to take soil & water samples at the beginning & end of the project.
7. Follow the detailed plan & record all processes on the demonstration site, plus keep a financial record.
8. Co-operate with the CBLC to ensure procedures of the on-ground works are documented (this may include filming you explaining the project) for future education.
9. Must be willing to allow future field days to check on progress of the demonstration site.
10. Must be a current financial Central Burnett Landcare Member. To become a Central Burnett Landcare member please download the membership form and return via email to [email protected] Payment options on the form.
To apply, simply fill out the application form and return by Monday 5th August – click here to download a form!!
For more information please contact:
Marion Denholm – Project Officer
Ruth Vicary – Secretary