What is covered in the training day?
GPS Essentials provides practical training in the use of a GPS (Global Positioning System) for producers. You will learn about:
- An introduction to GPS
- Setting up a GPS correctly
- Understanding GPS accuracy
- Working with waypoints and tracks
- Measuring areas and distances
- Downloading and uploading information into a computer
- Other GPS features
The cost of the training day is $50 per enterprise. An enterprise can have multiple properties and more than one person can attend. AgForce members will automactically receive a rebate following the completion of the training.
Training Day Details
The training sessions runs for one day, from 8.45am to approx 4.00pm. Refreshments and lunch are provided.
What to Bring
- If you have your own Garmin GPS – please bring this alon (otherwise GPS units are available for use on the day)
- A hat, water bottle and comfortable walking shoes for the outside activities using a GPS
- Reading glasses (if required) to view the GPS screen
Participants who successfull complete an AgForward workshop receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment. The shkills from AgForward workshops can be used to gain a Certificate IV in Conservation and Land Management through the AgEssentials program.
If you are interested in attending the following training sessions, please download and complete the Registration Form from the following link: GPS Registration Form
- Murgon Tuesday 23 Sept 2008
- Dalby Wednesday 24 Sept 2008
- Chinchilla Thursday 25 Sept 2008