Carbon Farming – Grazing & HorticultureFREE Property Management Planning for graziers in the Burnett-Mary
The “Restoring the Balance: Carbon Farming Solutions” project will provide relevant Carbon Farming Initiative (CFI), carbon sequestration and greenhouse gas (GHG) mitigation information and tools to land managers in the Burnett Mary region. It is a joint project between Burnett Mary Regional Group (BMRG), Bundaberg Fruit and Vegetable Growers (BFVG) and Burnett Catchment Care Association (BCCA) supported by the Australian Government. The project commenced in July 2013 and will continue until June 2017.
The project aims to;
- extend GHG management and carbon sequestration information to graziers and horticultural producers in the Burnett Mary region and
- increase CFI and GHG emissions management knowledge of regional extension staff and other agricultural, professional service providers located in the Burnett Mary region.
- prepare 70 Property Management Plans with graziers,
- conduct workshops to assist graziers implement on-farm management changes and
- coordinate tours for graziers to project sites funded under other Carbon Farming Futures program.
The project sites showcase innovative carbon farming research and adoption.
Ultimately, as a result of this project, graziers and horticultural producers in the Burnett Mary region may have opportunity to participate in the CFI, reduce their input costs and enhance productivity whilst reducing GHG emissions and their carbon footprint.
If you would like more information on the Restoring the Balance: Carbon Farming Solutions project please contact Veronica Chapman on 0448 114 502 or [email protected]betterburnett.com. ****Please Note**** Veronica has currently completed the 70 property management plans (PMP) with landholders throughout the Burnett Mary region and no further expressions of interests will be accepted to produce a PMP for your grazing enterprise, but she is more that happy to discuss the project with landholders who want to understand the importance of reducing carbon by implementing on ground management changes.
For further details on the project work being conducted by the other project partners please click the following links – BMRG.
Carbon Farming Events
Find the latest information on whether Burnett graziers can make money from carbon here!read more
Graziers and industry service providers from across the Burnett Mary region now have a better understanding of grazing and herd management strategies to reduce ‘emissions intensity’ from a cattle herd while enhancing on-farm productivity and land condition....read more